Monday, November 29, 2010

Pics from UAE and Saudi

The first thing I see when I get to Saudi Arabia

our housing complex



my lovely new room (somebody else's clothes were still left in the closet naturally)
Main room

panorama attempt for our complex
Our classroom in Abu Dhabi


the SLB hotel there (fantastic except for the lack of shampoo and soap)

just around the complex

Valeriy and Nourhan at the Shangri-La, with Sheikh Zayed Mosque in the background


Valeriy desperately wanting to go swimming

Sheikh Zayed Mosque - 8th largest mosque in the world

Sampling the local shisha (hookah)


my lovely room at MLC

every toilet in the Gulf comes with a hand hose basically as a bidet (couldnt figure out how to rotate the photo)

at the Marina Mall, plenty of fast food

Don't hassle me, I'm local

yeah


 
Their selection made Somerset look like crap

Thank god we found some beer at the Meridien hotel


both headed for hell in Al Khobar

pretty international

Iran and US on good terms

Oman and Russia

US and Norway

I think we liked each other

Maryam is going to Oman, where I was supposed to go :(

Striking an Iraqi-US peace deal


yup, thats a camel. No it's not eating that child's arm

Even more pizza. I swear we ate the local stuff too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this in the library and I laughed out loud at this post and your previous one. I love it! I'm jealous that you get to have such amazing and unique experiences. I'll be stalking your blog for your next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that my meager rants are interrupting your expensive college education

    ReplyDelete